11 January 2010

more on the February Lady

This past Fall I took my very first knitting class at Webs. It taught by my good friend Annie and it was to make the February Lady Sweater, designed by Pamela Wynne (inspired, of course, by Elizabeth Zimmermann's Feb. baby sweater), but in the round with a crochet steek (Annie despises purling).

Here's a quick overview of how we made the sweater:

The sweater has a garter raglan top, so that was done back and forth (remember, no purling!) and then it was joined in the round for the lace part.



Then we crocheted on either side of the steek stitch. I choose to do mine in a nicely contrasting blue sock yarn I had in my stash. I really like the way it came out!


Then it was time to cut, which actually wasn't as scary as one might think.Finally the ends were whip-stitched down.

Ta Da!


And I found these awesome buttons at Webs that worked perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home